What Creativity Is To Me Task



I started this task with an idea in mind. I jotted some notes down, some sayings etc, and as always! the dictionary definition for creativity. This helps me to glance at so I stay on track. 




The idea would be me being interviewed and saying how that I'm good at everything then switching to clips of me basically not being good at everything. Obviously it was going to be a joke, I'd be playing a Michael Scott type character. I thought that would be a good way to show creativity a different way. But for some reason I was really ill for five days straight this week and didn't have time to plan and film my original idea, plus I didn't feel up for acting like Michael Scott feeling like that.



So with that I decided to write this poem:

If someone asked me honestly,

What kind of world I'd want to see,

I wouldn't need to think for long,

I want a world that want's to dream.

Staring into space makes dreams come true, if you learn to show your dream to a decent few,

That's the kind of world where I'd want to be

Where I'd want to show you

And you'd want to see.

I had an idea that I could be watching Earth floating in front of me but it would just be in my head until I printed it off for the world to see. I drew a very rough storyboard working out how it was going to be framed.


The shot I thought I could get (second one down in the middle with window on right) didn't work as my lens wasn't wide enough so I had to cut it out and swap it for a shot over my shoulder. This worked just as well though to move the story on seamlessly. 

Ryan had a Blender model of the Earth from the Space Odyssey task so I used that to place on top of the footage. I animated it in Blender using Keyframes for the size, shape, rotation and position of the model. Once it was animated properly I exported it as a transparent video and placed it over the original footage in Premiere.

The music I used is from Epidemicsound 

Woke up in the sun

Strolling with you  

The sound effects are from Freesound

Click (Enter key)

Printer printing

Whoosh (Earths movements)

 


Once all the footage and sound were in place I created an adjustment layer for colour correcting.
The last two shots were totally different lighting to the first lot of footage so I struggled to get them to match. They still don't 100% but I think the brighter ending matches the overall tone of the video. At the beginning I'm trapped with all these ideas that I can't express but I figure out a way and manage to share them with the world here is the finished video.


Comments

Popular Posts